Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Gear Rant: Fender Roadworn Series

Fuckin' Fender - charging a grand for a MIM guitar! Hey man, I get the road worn thing. I've played a few, and they feel and play great! But a grand for a fuckin' MIM Strat?!!! Fender can kiss my ass!!! I guess they're trying to pass themselves off as a some high-end, high-production, boutique quality manufacturer.

And it ain't just the guitars. I went into a shop the other day and saw a new Hot Rod Deluxe for $849.00, with a MSRP of $1200! That same fuckin' amp went for $599 a goddamn year ago. Shit! For that kind of money, I might as well go the boutique route, because I won't be paying that much more, or go outside the US with great guitar builders in Canada like Godin, Larrivee, and a relative newcomer, Prestige Guitars. These folks make some awesome gear, and they're often overlooked. I've played guitars from all three of these makers, and they look, play and sound kick-fuckin'-ass!

And besides, I could get a more Fender guitar than a Fender by going with a G & L. Their tribute line, even though assembled in Korea, has some real gems. Played both a Tribute ASAT and a Tribute Comanche, and they sounded just like their American counterparts! And priced much better than those fuckin' Roadworn series MIM guitars.

So Fender, up yours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment